Monday, November 7, 2011

The Greater Good

So for those who expressed appreciation for my candid post on some of my more controversial views, I've decided to share this with you...

I said that I've changed my mind on the vaccine issue but I didn't say much about why. I recently watched a documentary that explained things in a much clearer way than I ever could. I think everyone should know the whole story. (Please notice all the awards it's won.)

I promise this is not just a bunch of lunatic fanatical people trying to stir the pot. Please please please everyone visit this link http://vimeo.com/31036452 and watch this documentary. It is very well done! It explores the many sides of the vaccine issue and does NOT simply try to demonize vaccines. Truth be told I would love for more research to be done on vaccines so that I could confidently have them administered to my children.

I love this description of the movie and I've highlighted my favorite part.

The Greater Good looks behind the fear, hype and politics that polarize people into emotionally charged pro-vaccine or anti-vaccine camps with no room for middle ground. Exploring the cultural intersection where parenting meets modern medicine and individual rights collide with politics, this character driven documentary weaves together the stories of three families whose lives have been forever changed by vaccination. By reframing the vaccine debate and offering, for the first time, the opportunity to have a rational and scientific discussion on how to create a safer and more effective vaccine program in America today, The Greater Good challenges viewers to think again.

Update: It appears the time to view the film for free has passed :( I still think people should watch it though even if you have to rent it. Here is at least the trailer if you missed seeing the whole film.

No comments: