Thursday, January 6, 2011

update...

Here is the verdict on Kaylee.

She finally cried as she pushed out a bunch of solid poop. She was constipated and it really hurt the poor thing. More fruits, veggies, and juice coming her way!

As a side note this experience and my others with the health center finally made me decide to seek out a new doctor for my kids. I found out today that one of the pediatricians in Taylorsville that my midwives recommend is covered by my insurance (this means they pay 80% of the bill instead of just charging me the $10 for a visit at the health center)

I also called the pediatric urologists who saw Kevin and told them what was going on and they said that as long as the bag is changed every 30 minutes the urine sample is fine... no catheter needed! And they said if blood was found in her urine that it not something to ignore and that I should for sure re test the urine.

I've scheduled an appt to test her urine with this Taylorsville pediatrician and do not have to go all the way to Provo and get the run around anymore!

4 comments:

Jewelyn said...

i was thinking it might have something to do with constipation cause cody's niece had a serious problem too. hope everything works out soon!

Hightower said...

I'm glad that you decided to go to another doctor. Sometimes you just have to...hope everything gets taken care of and poor little kaylee gets well. Let me know if you need anything!

Lauren Davison said...

The BYU health center is notorious for poor pediatricians. My sister had some real problems with a doctor not even knowing what thrush is. !?!? SERIOUSLY!? Constipation is no fun. Emily is constantly battling it. :( Hope the new doctor is fabulous!

Emily said...

Well good, I'm glad Kaylee is feeling better. And I hope you like the new doctor. Seeking good referrals always helps! :)