Thursday, December 15, 2011

I'm me.

So, here's the thing. My BMI is within the healthy range for my height. I exercise regularly and eat mostly home cooked, reasonably healthy things. I could be healthier and control portions better. I have no control over my sugar intake when it is available so I don't buy sweets as a general rule. I've had 2 kids. I gained 10 pounds with each one and had relatively little success losing any of it. I have completely plateaued. No matter what I've tried, every time I've stepped on the scale post Kevin's birth I see the same number plus or minus 2 pounds. This can be upsetting because I remember the smaller me, I see her in pictures and she still has a lot of clothes in my closet! I still will continue to do things to improve me but I kind of don't care any more. Does it make clothing shopping frustrating? Yeah. But does it really matter? I'm starting to think no. I dunno...

Oh the 50's...

1 comment:

Hightower said...

You look great! I definitely know what you're talking about though. I remember thinking I just HAD to lose the weight soooo fast after I had Rylie...this time around I'm just ok with it. Would I like to lose it? yeah, of course. But as long as I'm exercising and eating good I'm not in too much of a hurry : ) oh to be a woman!