Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tyler Hilton

I've been a big fan of Tyler Hilton for about 5 years now. I love his unique voice and acoustic sound. You may know him from the show One Tree Hill or from the movie Walk the Line

Since facebook advertises the things they think you'd like I saw that he was going to be playing in Provo on the 14th. Since my birthday is on the 16th and Ryan didn't know what to get me I told him I wanted to go see him so we did. I actually took Kevin at 2 weeks old and was totally worried about his ears the whole time. He slept in the moby wrap through the whole thing.


He played at Velour which is really small and intimate. There was less than 100 people there I would say so it didn't matter where you stood or sat because you were super close regardless! AWESOME :)
The first song of the night was my absolute favorite... Just him and a guitar.


After the first song his band came out and the vocals were not as loud as the instruments and the audio was really loud for such a tiny venue :/ The audio technician in me was super annoyed!

After he sang he signed merchandise and took pictures so Ryan made me take a picture with him and he bought me a CD for Tyler to sign to me. I felt like a dork with my kid and didn't want a picture but now I'm glad I have it.


On my actual Birthday I went out to eat with Ryan and my mom at Sweet Tomatoes... Love it. After that we went to Target and my other gift I found for myself was Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I used it post Kaylee's birth and it kicked my butt. I'm excited to get exercise clearance and get back into that. Oh I also watched a few episodes of Big Bang Theory which was fun :)

I'm 24!

1 comment:

Lauren Davison said...

Oooh. He's good! Looks like someone's gonna go look up his other songs! (AKA ME!) Thanks!