Tuesday, February 10, 2009

School...

So I recently got tired of doing busy work for and sitting in classes that were kind of worthless. It occurred to me that even though HFL was the fastest track to graduation I kind of hated it. It's really not me! Don't get me wrong I love being a mom but majoring in it has always been an embarrassment to me. So I dropped 2 of my 3 classes last night and all I have left is English. I really debated this for a while but honestly that degree wasn't getting me anywhere. There really isn't a major for me at BYU so for now I'm kind of stuck. I realize that some people will be dissapointed in my not graduating (my husband included) but it just doesn't make sense right now. Ryan and I have disagreed on my need for education since we were dating. I've always hated school and I told him a long time ago that if I got pregnant before I graduated that I would stop and concentrate on my child. I told him that being pregnant or a mom at school would be too much for me. He was really not happy with that idea when we were dating and basically said well I always thought my wife would graduate from college (almost implying that he wouldn't marry me if that was how I felt.) Knowing how he felt I did keep going to school after I got pregnant and after I had Kaylee but realizing how pointless my major is to me was the breaking point. This is not the end for Ryan. He's pretty set in his idea that I need an education in something. In fact he is so set in his thoughts that he is willing to find a job and move to Las Vegas so I can go to a trade school there that teaches audio. I still don't know what tuition cost there but I'm sure it's absurdly high! I really do love audio it was all those music classes I had to take with the audio major that turned me away from it. So that's where I am now. I don't really know where I go from here but sometimes that's how life goes.

2 comments:

The Skousens said...

That's a bummer, I hate that feeling of not knowing what road you want to take...I would totally look into the trade school! I've always said that it doesn't matter if you necessarily get a bachelors in something, but that you at least educate yourself in something that will help you get a better job in life!

Hightower said...

I think education is a GREAT thing...but I hate school too! The whole process sucks! I'm sure you will find something you like! ; ) Miss you guys