Friday, August 8, 2008

American Idol

So my friend Heather and I decided it would be fun to audition for AI... It was an experience:-) We were like the last to audition in a group that was ... LARGE as you can see below...We got to the areena around 7 am the day of the audition and waited outside for about an hour and a half . Here we are outside...Once inside they took a bunch of crowd shots and Shots with Ryan and then got us all going on the auditions for producers. They set up 10 booths of producers and everyone auditioned 4 at a time...Since we were basically last to audition we got to watch basically everyone go through the line. Out of that whole arena of people, about 5% of the people passed through the first producers. Many of which only made it through because they were so awful. I saw two guys from vocal point (BYU's national champ a capella group) audition and get cut instantly. It was about then that I began to wonder why I was still in line. After around 11 hours of waiting we finally had our chance on the floor to sing for about 45 seconds. (I sang let's hear it for the boy) Then the judge said thanks for coming, you make this show great job but this is the end of the road for you all. We walked passed her and they cut off the wrist bands we were so proud to be wearing...

(sorry my camera takes very blurry pictures in low lighting...)
It was a fun experience and if I ever did it again I will have to make sure I am not 6 months pregnant! Hungry, tired, pregnant... ick.

2 comments:

The Skousens said...

Hey, well at least you can say you did it now!!! It looks like it was still fun though!!!

Mom said...

Haha! Looks like you've been doing a lot of fun things lately! Atleast we all know and love your talent!

Have you spent much time with Chelsie, since the finale? I heard lots 'n lots of ppl talking about her all the time. She really was the favorite, and labeled the most talented from all the seasons combined. :)